There is no quick fix for leaky gut. The best thing that you can do is to follow a detailed and comprehensive guide on how to go about the healing. It’s no secret that the best way to deal with this disorder is to make changes to your lifestyle and adjust your diet to your gut’s needs. In this article about the treatment process of leaky gut syndrome, we’ve shown you the different factors that are essential in the healing process.
The leaky gut diet plan requires you to avoid certain foods as well as watch what you eat carefully because the foods that you consume directly affect the healing process of the gut. Once you’ve done the colon cleanse and you started the leaky gut diet, you can take these leaky gut supplements to help you with your treatment. These supplements can help speed up the recovery time.
Supplements for Leaky Gut
- Probiotics – The gut hosts a number of good and bad bacteria. The balance between these beneficial and harmful bacteria should be maintained because if they are disrupted, symptoms and other conditions may develop. Probiotics contain live bacteria that can help in maintaining or restoring that balance.
- Fiber – Fiber promotes a healthy bowel movement. Removing waste from the body fast is one of the important factors in healing leaky gut. Fiber can be found in whole grains, rice, fruits, vegetables and nuts. It is recommended that you include fiber rich foods in your diet. If you can’t eat the foods that provide your body with the proper amounts of fibers, you can take fiber supplements to compensate.
- Digestive Enzymes – When you have leaky gut, you will have difficulty digesting foods so you will need to take digestive enzymes. While you can eat foods that contain enzymes such as fruits and vegetables, most of the time, these are not enough and you need to use additional supplements in order to break down the foods more effectively.
- Cod Liver Oil – Cod liver oil and fish oil are very similar but cod liver oil contains more vitamins A and D. Cod liver oil also contains omega 3 fatty acids. This can be taken in gel capsule form and you should because one of its effects is the improvement of the immune system function.
- L-Glutamine – l-glutamine can be found in different foods such as soy, pork, cottage cheese, milk and many more. However, when you are trying to get rid of leaky gut and follow the proper diet, you will notice that some of these foods should be avoided. The best way to get l-glutamine while refraining from these foods is by taking it in supplement form.
These leaky gut supplements can greatly affect the speed and effectiveness of your treatment program. One important thing to note is that you should follow the instructions on the label or as instructed by your health practitioner. Using supplements without guidance from a reliable health practitioner can backfire, especially when it comes to leaky gut. This is why we recommend the leaky gut cure (you can read our review here) because it is a complete guide on the treatment of leaky gut. It has a supplement schedule that you can follow so that you will know when and how much to take. This will allow you to take full advantage of the benefits of each supplements.