One of the most important factors if you want to get rid of leaky gut syndrome and it symptoms is your diet, plain and simple. The proper leaky gut diet requires you to follow a specific set of guidelines that can be quite strict but it is well worth it because in the end, you will get relief. You need to avoid some foods, you need to regulate your blood sugar levels and later on, use supplements to speed up the healing process. All of these are included in our most recommended cure for leaky gut.
- You need to avoid certain foods when you have leaky gut because they can only do more harm than good. Some samples of foods that you should avoid are soy based, pork, foods with gluten and many more.
- Foods that have no nutritional content while carrying harmful chemicals and preservatives should be eliminated from your diet. Examples are processed foods, junk foods and fast foods. These foods do not give the body the nutrition that it needs and chemicals that come with them will only irritate the gut causing it to become permeable. These foods are also hard to digest sometimes, causing unnecessary strain to the digestion process.
- Foods that contain too much sugar or refined sugar. Sugar is the number one food source of yeast in the intestine. If you supply too much sugar, there is a chance of a candida yeast overgrowth and you don’t want that. These yeast will grow root like structures in your intestine and will cause a leaky gut.
- Avoid known gut irritants like caffeine, alcohol, starches, etc. These will only irritate the gut and if you are undergoing treatment, it’s best to avoid them.
Foods you should be eating
Although there are many restrictions to the proper leaky gut diet, there are many alternatives to the foods that you should avoid. Vegetables and fruits are always good choices but you have to choose what you eat. Green vegetables are always good. Also, you should try to cook them because vegetables, when raw, can be hard to digest and in the process, you are not absorbing the needed nutrients while causing unnecessary strain to your digestive system.
Fruits should be avoided at first because during this time, you are in the process of regulating your blood sugar. Later on, you can eat them because they contain digestive enzymes that are necessary for efficient food digestion, however, there are certain types that you should avoid.
For meat, you can eat anything really as long as they are in moderation and they are organic. Basically, your diet plan should be constructed in a way where there is balance in the types of foods that you eat.
Supplements play a part in your leaky gut diet because it helps in the overall preservation of your gut wall’s integrity as well as in the digestion of foods.
- Probiotics can increase the number of beneficial bacteria in your gut. Your gut contains yeast, bad and good bacteria. There is a balance that must never be disrupted. Certain foods and antibiotics can disrupt that balance in favor of the harmful ones. Probiotics is a must in order to restore that balance and prevent yeast overgrowth and leaky gut from developing or worsening.
- Digestive enzymes can help in the digestion process by breaking down the foods that we eat. This makes the digestion process smoother and prevents large food particles and other toxins from irritating the gut. These can be found in fruits and vegetables.
- Garlic, Leeks and Onion. These three are very effective when you have candida yeast overgrowth. These can kill off yeast and help in the elimination of candida. Candida is one of the most common causes of leaky gut.
While these tips can help you against leaky gut syndrome, sometimes they are not enough. Your diet is one of the main factors in your treatment process but there may also be other reasons why you have leaky gut. The proper treatment for leaky gut details the steps that you should take in order to get rid of leaky gut. You should have a read and follow them to restore your gut’s health.