Leaky gut syndrome is a disorder where multiple symptoms arise. It is not yet fully understood, especially not in traditional medicine, so it is often attributed to a group of symptoms that have not been diagnosed yet. This condition is still a medical mystery. What usually happens is that you get a ton of prescription drugs for the symptoms and sometimes it just makes things worse. This is the reason why healing leaky gut naturally through alternative ways can be good for you. The tips below are great to follow but you must understand that in order to permanently restore your intestine’s ability to function, you should follow the treatment guidelines for leaky gut.
- The first step to preventing and curing leaky gut is improving your digestion. Since digestion begins in the mind, you should relax before eating and chew your food long enough for it to become easier to digest.
- Gaps between meals should be at least four hours long and it is advised to replace some meals with green juices.
- Combining food is something you should practice regularly. Proper combining means avoiding combining carbohydrates and protein or fruit and oil combinations.
- A diet that supports healing leaky gut naturally suggests consuming plenty of raw food which increases digestive enzyme levels which help breakdown, absorb and utilize macronutrients.
- Include fiber rich foods into your diet. Fiber helps toxic elimination from your body.
- To heal leaky gut naturally, your diet should contain whole grains, fruits and vegetables. You should also take probiotics to improve the bacterial balance especially if you are taking antibiotics, steroids and acid-blocking medications.
- Drinking at least two litres of water is essential, as well as avoiding any processed food, recreational drugs, alcohol cigarettes and coffee. It is really important not to overeat since it prolonged digestion, provides food for bad bacteria and stresses the liver.
To improve your digestion, you should start a supplement program which includes different herbs, teas and products. The following should help you:
- Slippery Elm
- Digestive Enzymes
- Marshmallow root
- Aloe Vera
- Coconut oil
- Green Leafy vegetables
These supplements can only go so far in healing leaky gut. You should remember that in order to properly treat leaky gut, there are a lot of factors that need to be considered. Your diet is one of them. Another one is your way of living. You should have a look at the leaky gut cure by Karen Brimeyer and learn more about the proper ways of treatment.